Username: Save?
Password:
Home Forum Links Search Login Register*
    News: Keep The TechnoWorldInc.com Community Clean: Read Guidelines Here.
Recent Updates
[August 11, 2025, 08:33:44 AM]

[August 11, 2025, 08:33:44 AM]

[August 11, 2025, 08:33:44 AM]

[August 11, 2025, 08:33:44 AM]

[May 13, 2025, 08:34:25 AM]

[May 13, 2025, 08:34:25 AM]

[May 13, 2025, 08:34:25 AM]

[April 12, 2025, 08:24:20 AM]

[April 12, 2025, 08:24:20 AM]

[April 12, 2025, 08:24:20 AM]

[April 12, 2025, 08:24:20 AM]

[March 12, 2025, 09:35:30 AM]

[March 12, 2025, 09:35:30 AM]
Subscriptions
Get Latest Tech Updates For Free!
Resources
   Funistan
   PrettyGalz
   FreeThemes
   Videsta
   Glamistan
   GlamGalz
   Vidsage
   WorldHostInc
   Funfani
   FilmyMama
   Uploaded.Tech
   Funotic
   FilesPark
Participate in the fastest growing Technical Encyclopedia! This website is 100% Free. Please register or login using the login box above if you have already registered. You will need to be logged in to reply, make new topics and to access all the areas. Registration is free! Click Here To Register.
+ Techno World Inc - The Best Technical Encyclopedia Online! » Forum » THE TECHNO CLUB [ TECHNOWORLDINC.COM ] » Career/ Jobs Zone » Self-Improvement » Motivation
 I Am My Sunshine
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I Am My Sunshine  (Read 936 times)
Shawn Tracer
TWI Hero
**********


Karma: 2
Offline Offline

Posts: 16072


View Profile
I Am My Sunshine
« Posted: March 18, 2008, 06:36:14 AM »


I Am My Sunshine
 by: Patsy Goins

"You Are My Sunshine
My Only Sunshine You Make Me
Happy When Skies Are Gray"

(I remember this song from my childhood)

"You Never Know ,Dear,
How Much I Love You Please,
Don't Take My Sunshine Away"

And, doesn't that insinuate someone or something makes you happy? So, from a young age, we were fed the ideas it took something outside ourselves to see sunshine and be happy. We didn't just receive that message from one song. Ever heard someone state, "He/She makes me so happy!" Were we ever misled! I can't remember when exactly I began to realize this was bogus. I was always told I was rebellious, too!

When I started to realize it wasn't something or somebody that made me happy and sunny, I, also, began to realize I could control how I thought, good/positive or bad/negative thought. Good thoughts make us feel good.

Keeping our thoughts positive can be difficult to say the least. You have so much negative input dealing with every day life. Then when the skies turn gray it gets more difficult.

How many times have you heard someone comment "it is so depressing" on a cloudy/stormy day? Here comes that old negative thought process - So, what do you do when you have those gray, cloudy days?

First you have to realize and convince yourself that you have control! That does mean of your thoughts. Ok, so obviously we can't just look out the window at the beautiful sunny skies in order to lift the gray mood. One of the things that lifts my mood is to light a fire in the fireplace. Now, it's not always cool enough here when the skies get gray. Soooo

Do you have a particular music that when you listen, it just makes you feel good? What music triggers that happy feeling? Try listening to that type music or a favorite motivational speaker when you are having one of those down, gray days. Have you ever heard of "self talk" - How about an affirmation especially for those kind of days. Reading is a good way to get positive input, and I recommend this method to most folks I know.

If your mood is only caused by weather, you can't change mother nature, but you can change your way of thinking. When I reflect on the many seasons and weather conditions, each of them plays a part in the balance of things. I have learned to accept all acts of nature, and change the way they affect my thinking.

In the old days on a rainy day, I used to "whine"....you know, "It's raining, I can't do _______! It's so yucky!" Today on a rainy day, I'm very thankful all the plants are being watered and our lake where we get our drinking water is being refilled, grab my umbrella and go do what I have to do.

I chose to change the way I think about things and so can you. How you think is YOUR choice!

Changing your thought process isn't easy, but it can be changed if you want to change it. I, also, might add it takes a bit of work until you make the change, but then you've got it! So make yourself happy and sunny unless you like being gray and gloomy.

About The Author

Article by Patsy Goins. © Patsy Goins - All Rights Reserved Did you find this information helpful? There's plenty more like this at Patsy's site, http://www.amazingopportunities4u.com. Amazing Opportunities 4 U is a one stop site, whether you are in need of a business opportunity, a way to promote your current opportunity, or you just want to read. She publishes a daily (M-F)dose of motivation or thought evoking message. Subscribe at mailto:[email protected]

Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Copyright © 2006-2023 TechnoWorldInc.com. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy | Disclaimer
Page created in 0.121 seconds with 25 queries.