Username: Save?
Password:
Home Forum Links Search Login Register*
    News: Keep The TechnoWorldInc.com Community Clean: Read Guidelines Here.
Recent Updates
[August 11, 2025, 08:33:44 AM]

[August 11, 2025, 08:33:44 AM]

[August 11, 2025, 08:33:44 AM]

[August 11, 2025, 08:33:44 AM]

[May 13, 2025, 08:34:25 AM]

[May 13, 2025, 08:34:25 AM]

[May 13, 2025, 08:34:25 AM]

[April 12, 2025, 08:24:20 AM]

[April 12, 2025, 08:24:20 AM]

[April 12, 2025, 08:24:20 AM]

[April 12, 2025, 08:24:20 AM]

[March 12, 2025, 09:35:30 AM]

[March 12, 2025, 09:35:30 AM]
Subscriptions
Get Latest Tech Updates For Free!
Resources
   Travelikers
   Funistan
   PrettyGalz
   Techlap
   FreeThemes
   Videsta
   Glamistan
   BachatMela
   GlamGalz
   Techzug
   Vidsage
   Funzug
   WorldHostInc
   Funfani
   FilmyMama
   Uploaded.Tech
   Netens
   Funotic
   CardsXP.com
   FilesPark
Participate in the fastest growing Technical Encyclopedia! This website is 100% Free. Please register or login using the login box above if you have already registered. You will need to be logged in to reply, make new topics and to access all the areas. Registration is free! Click Here To Register.
+ Techno World Inc - The Best Technical Encyclopedia Online! » Forum » THE TECHNO CLUB [ TECHNOWORLDINC.COM ] » Techno Articles » Marketing » Internet Marketing
 Do Your Words Need Protection?
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Do Your Words Need Protection?  (Read 713 times)
Stephen Taylor
TWI Hero
**********



Karma: 3
Offline Offline

Posts: 15522

unrealworld007
View Profile
Do Your Words Need Protection?
« Posted: August 12, 2007, 05:53:52 AM »


Do Your Words Need Protection?


Recently, attending a local event, I found myself chatting with a young woman I'll call Pearl. When she learned I was a writer she asked, "I wrote some poems when I was younger and I would like to copyright them. What should I do?"

"You always own the copyright to your work," I explained. "Technically, you can sue someone who copies your work, even if you haven't registered the copyright. The problem is proving it's your work.

"The real question," I added, "is whether these poems have market value. Unless you can sell them for money, or you need these poems for a portfolio, you may not have a serious concern."

Web guru Tom Antion once said the web is a place to share our ideas, not be overly concerned with protecting them. Someone "borrowed" your ebook? Well, if you've done it right, each page has links to your site, so they may be doing you a favor.

When I write articles for my ezine and website, I want them circulated widely -- with my name, URL and resource box. These articles are written to bring visitors to my websites. However, when I write for a print resource, or when a paying site uses my work, I want to get paid -- and I don't want to be copied.

Bottom Line: When your writing is integrated into your business strategy, you design the level of protection that best fits your long-term goals. Then, and only then, you ask, "How do I get there?"

About The Author

Cathy Goodwin, Ph.D., is an author, speaker and career/business consultant, helping midlife professionals take their First step to a Second Career. http://www.cathygoodwin.com.

"Ten secrets of mastering a major life change" mailto:[email protected]

Contact: [email protected] 505-534-4294

Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Copyright © 2006-2023 TechnoWorldInc.com. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy | Disclaimer
Page created in 0.107 seconds with 26 queries.