Title: Infostrada Sports and Roambi release iPhone and iPad apps to answer your London
Post by: newsprovider on April 10, 2012, 11:04:40 AM
London, UK - 10 April, 2012 - With the London Games on the horizon, Infostrada Sports is the only place to go for data and this year the Dutch company has teamed up with Roambi, the leading provider of mobile business apps, to display data in a variety of innovative visualisations for the iPhone and iPad. This free app includes data from the revolutionary form guide to 2012, the Virtual Medal Table, as well as data from the last four editions of the Summer Games.
The Roambi and Infostrada visualisations will allow people to analyse countries’ performances over the last four Summer Games while comparing up to four nations’ medal counts. The interactive analysis will forecast answers to questions such as:
• Who will top the medal table in 2012, and how does this compare to previous editions?
• Will hosts Great Britain do better in 2012 than in 2008?
• Will China rise in the medal tables?
• Which countries could win all their medals in a single sport?
• Which sports are dominated by one country?
Philip Hennemann, founder and CEO of the Infostrada Sports Group said: “The combination of Roambi’s data visualisations and our database has produced products which turn simple numbers into valuable information for professional and personal users. The intuitive nature of these designs will make everyone an expert during this summer’s Games.”
“The iPad has not only changed how people access information, but also how organisations engage with users and share content in a post-PC world,” said Santiago Becerra, CEO, chairman and co-founder of Roambi. “Innovative firms such as Infostrada understand the importance of delivering captivating content that's designed for consumers' device of choice. We're excited to work with them to help build enthusiasm for the London Games."
Roambi allows organisations to create intuitive, vivid and attention grabbing visuals, which offer a unique user experience on the iPhone and iPad. For the 2012 Summer Games there are now two Infostrada reports available as part of the free Roambi app. These reports, and others still to come, will be updated with new predictions as the Games approach. For iPhone and iPad users, these visualizations may be downloaded from http://www.roambi.com/infostrada:
• Cardex (iPhone and iPad) - Offers a unique perspective of medal forecasts per country compared to previous Summer Games, all displayed on filing cabinet-style charts. Tapping and swiping on cards for each respective country displays fully interactive details.
• Layers (iPad only) - Displays historical and forecasted medal counts per county for each event. Users can manipulate the data in animated fashion by pinching and swiping each country to expose greater depths of intriguing findings.