Write Hard-Hitting Headlines With Magic Words That Sell
Writing a killer headline for your copy is simple! You just need to follow simple dos and donts that make or break a headline respectively. If you think you have tried them all, check this out....
TOP 9 POINTS TO FOLLOW:
1. Stress on ADVANTAGE, RESULT, BENEFIT, PLEASURE, or VALUE
2. EMOTIONAL headlines that make people excited, scared or curious yield BETTER results
3. Your headline must be BELIEVABLE
4. Grab your customer's attention - set the TONE of the offer
5. Your customer should be able to FIND what he is looking for in your headline
6. Put your headline in QUOTATION marks. Studies show a headline attracts 28% MORE attention in quotes.
7. Begin each word in your headline with CAPITALS.
8. Headlines should ideally be within 35 to 40 words.
9. Your headlines should be in ACTIVE VOICE.
Things to Avoid:
1. Using the word "Cheap" in a headline or sales copy is not advisable. Instead of "Cheap" use "Rock Bottom Price", "Inexpensive" or "Incredible Low Price" etc.
2. DON'T USE ALL CAPITAL LETTERS
3. Don't use excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!
4. Don't try to get "everyone's" attention with the headline. - PRACTICE "target marketing"
5. Don't start a headline with a VERB.
Use these magic words in your headlines to attract attention immediately:
Ipsita Mukherjee is a freelance web copywriter.